sierra madre 1
 

THE INVESTMENT POLICY

  • The Fund will seek to achieve its investment objective by investing at least eighty-five per cent (85%) of its assets in securities, issued by junior precious metal exploration, development and production companies operating in Latin American. The remaining fifteen per cent (15%) of the Fund’s assets may be invested in securities issued by gold and silver exploration, mining and production companies listed on a stock exchange anywhere in the world.
  • Mexico, as one of the most prolific mining countries of the world, will be one of the main targets of investment where not less than forty per cent (40%) of the Fund’s assets will be invested. Capital gains may also be achieved by investing up to twenty-five per cent (25%) of the assets of the Fund in Private Placements of listed companies provided that the shares will be freely tradable within six (6) months from the date of placement.
  • Capital gains may also be achieved by investing up to fifteen per cent (15%) of the assets in companies which are conducting an IPO (initial public offering) with the intention to list the shares within three (3) months.
  • The Fund also retains the right to invest in Time/Cash deposits as circumstances may dictate. Borrowing may be affected to satisfy short-term liquidity requirements.